5 Easy Steps To Jumping Your Car In Oh (And Most Places)
Winter is in full swing in Ohio, and our vehicles are being exposed to tundra-like temperatures. When the temperatures drop this low, it’s a good idea to have already tested your battery and made sure that it had enough juice for the winter. Of course, we’re all human, and we might forget to do that before the winter drops piles of snow and ice onto our cars. Whether you drive a 2015 Jeep Cherokee or a 2010 Chrysler 200, your battery can die. If you find yourself in a situation where your car battery has died (hopefully, you’ve already acquired some jumper cables which, can be a fairly cheap investment) then the next step is knowing how to jump-start a car in Barberton OH. If you’re not sure, don’t worry; just follow these 5 simple steps to get you back on the road again near Akron Ohio.
1) First, you’ll need to find someone with a working car battery (preferably someone that looks friendly) to assist you.
2) You’ll want to attach the red cable first. This cable holds a positive charge and needs to be connected to the positive charge of your car’s dead battery, and follow suit on the Jumper’s car.
3) Next, attach the black cable up to your donor battery’s negative charge, and this time, attach the other end to the metal frame of your car.
4) This is the point where the Good Samaritan will start their car. Wait a few minutes then attempt to start your car. If this doesn’t work initially, have the Samaritan lightly rev their engine by stepping on the gas while you simultaneously try to start your car again.
5) Finally, you can unhook the cables, extend a sincere thank you to your Good Samaritan (maybe toss them a few bucks for the trouble), and be on your merry way!
(THIS SAME PROCESS APPLIES IF YOU HAVE A JUMP BOX. JUST REPLACE THE GOOD SAMARITAN IN OUR STORY WITH THE JUMP BOX….BUT REMEMBER TO THANK IT AS WELL.)